Monday, December 7, 2009

Dead On Arrival

Hey, just returned from my trip to Malaysia. And my grandfather just passed away yestrday :'(



So it was our final day in Malaysia, and we were having lunch. We were going to head back right after lunch, but right before dessert, my dad got a call from my aunt. My grandfather was in critical condition in the hospital. From my extended family, there were about 10 of us on the trip, and we had to rush back to Singapore to see him. The entire tour group was super cooperative and they allowed us to zoom back to Singapore, sacrificing a trip to the bee farm (I doubt anyone wanted to go there anyway cause it sounded so boring and all they'll do is promote their honey) and their dinner. But on the way, while we were approaching Johor, we got another all. My grandfather had passed away. :(



he was buddhist, so they had all the chinese rituals last night. And since my family is the only christian family in my whole extended family, we didn't participate in all the joss stick stuff and burning, we just bowed to show respect. The funeral will go on for 5 days, and I'm here, wearing the white shirt and really baggy black pants. I borrowed my cousin's laptop to type this post. Oh and yesterday we were lining up according to rank for the funeral and I realised: Hey, my rank ain't that bad!



And now taking advantage of the fact that my cousins are burning incense and I can't cause I'm christian, I'm typing this post. I'll get busy tonight when I have to entertain some guests, but now we're kinda slack.



I'll post more when I get access to my own computer. I got a bunch of pictures and stuff to post up.



Bye!



-AmandaLee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home